Saturday, July 9, 2011

Somewhat Homemade, Somewhat My Idea

My good friend at work, Paige, turned me on to a great blog-- Picky Palate. Great ideas and lots of fun pictures. Recently I made a recipe of hers Oreo Truffle stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh My Goodness delicious! I mean ridiculous. She has all these fabulous stuffed cookies...candy bars, Oreos, s'mores, brownies all stuffed in chocolate chip cookies. I mean these are amazing. She has lots of other wonderful things too, but the cookies are really fun. So, after making the oreo stuffed cookies, I started thinking....


The aformentioned Paige also made the most wonderful cookie brownie combination that we call a Brookie, so I took the two ideas and smooshed them together and made a layered brownie cookie stuffed with Snickers bars and Resse's Cups. The bottom layer is a good old fashioned Toll House chocolate chip cookie, topped with a miniature Snicker or Resse's Cup and then filled in with brownie. The brownie mix is my favorite Ghirardelli Super Fudge Brownie. So, these are somewhat homemade and somewhat my idea.


The First Step: The Cookie Layer.



Toll House cookie mix, mini Snickers and Ghirardelli Brownie Mix




The Second Step: Pre-bake the cookie layer.


I used a small ice cream scoop to put an even layer of cookie in each muffin pan.


The Third Step: Put the candy on top of the cookie and fill it in with brownie mix.


I baked the cookies for about 6 minutes and then put the candy in.


The Fourth Step: Bake.


With the brownie mix on top.


After baking, I added some chips to add more chocolate...because they needed it!

The Fifth Step: Eat
I suggest making sure you have a glass of milk to go with it.


Recipe...or list of ingredients.

What you need:
Muffin/Cupcake pan and liners
Your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, plus extra chips for topping.
Packaged brownie mix.
Miniature Snickers bars or/and miniature Reese's cups.
Oven.

Line the pan with paper liners. I usually spray the pan, just in case. Next, make the cookie dough. I like the classic Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Using a small ice cream scoop (about a 1.5 oz scoop), place a scoop into each liner. Bake at 350 degrees for 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven. Place one candy in each cup. Cover with a spoonfull of brownie batter. The cup will be about 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until the brownie batter is set. Remove from oven. Place around 5-6 chocolate chips on top of each brownie to create an icing of sorts, or you can ice with your favorite chocolate icing. (The Ghirardelli mix has an icing with it and it's pretty darn good.) 
Let them cool down a little before digging in. And, seriously, have that milk handy, you are going to need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment